The Long Island Rail Road – a great asset for Long Island in desperate need of the Third Track.
The Long Island Rail Road has been central to the growth of Long Island, yet the reach has remained unchanged since 1910. Today, the LIRR’s constrained track capacity creates significant bottlenecks for commuters heading into New York City and then home again. That outdated capacity also limits reverse commuters who might fill the growing number of technology-related job vacancies on the Island, hampering our economic growth.
Now, the LIRR is poised to provide new capacity and could lead a new era of economic growth for Long Island.
- The Economic and Fiscal Impacts of the LIRR Main Line Report (Executive Summary)
- The Economic and Fiscal Impacts of the LIRR Main Line Report (Full Report)
- Third Track: Key Points
- How the Long Island Rail Road Could Shape the Next Economy Report
- Third Track Infographic
- Got Transit? Infographic
- Track Changes Needed Inforgraphic
- LIRR Including Third Track Map